BioEarth replenishes the system with micro-nutrients, minerals and trace minerals.
Ornamental fish require an environment that mimics the natural environment from which they originate. The natural environments of fresh water and marine fish species are normally abundant in minerals and micro-elements. Fish require these minerals and micro-elements as part of normal metabolism. The best way to closely simulate the natural balance of minerals in ponds and aquariums is to add a mineral water supplement.
Montmorillonite clays have useful properties because they contain valuable trace elements and minerals such as – Silicon Dioxide, Aluminum Oxide, Iron Oxide, Calcium Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Oxide, Sodium Oxide, Phosphorus Pentoxide and Titanium Dioxide, amongst others.
BioEarth is specially extracted from high purity, deep mined deposits of altered volcanic ashes called Bentonites. It has enhanced dispersion and ionic exchange capacity to maximise its benefits, because it is milled to 300 mesh. The pH range of 7.8 to 8.3 makes BioEarth ideal for use in ponds and aquaria.
Benefits of BioEarth
- Improves digestion
- Increases appetite
- Remineralisation of ponds and aquariums
- Assists with mineral and trace element assimilation
- Improves lustre and skin quality
- Heightens skin colour
- Enhances water quality
Available in various sizes including bulk orders for mud dams and eco ponds.
Dosage and directions for use
- Use 20 grams of BioEarth per 1000 litres of pond water. Mix BioEarth with a small quantity of pond water in a container until dispersed and pour directly around the perimeter of the pond. Water will become murky and should clear within 24 hours depending on filtration and organic material in the pond.
- Use 2 grams of BioEarth per 100 litres of aquarium water. Mix BioEarth with a small quantity of aquarium water in a container until dispersed. Allow BioEarth to settle and pour water fraction directly into the tank.
- BioEarth can be sprinkled over or mixed into food at 1 – 5%, which provides mineral rich particles, improves digestion and increases assimilation of vitamins and minerals required in the diet.
Store below 25°C in a dry place out of direct sunlight.